To Cara and Breanna

We can't wait to meet our new daughters/sisters! Cara, 13.99 yrs old from Xiamen City and Breanna, 3 from Longang! Hope they like us - we already love them!















Monday, November 1, 2010

peeing in the grass!

Funny thing - while we were at the zoo, Brea was running all around.  I was following her either by foot or one of the other parents was or Cara or Jenna was!  Whew!  So glad we have a small army to keep track of her.  So, I'm watching these black bears that were so cute begging like dogs for food that the crowd was not supposed to be feeding them and I glance over and Brea is wrestling with her pants trying to pull them down.  She is over by the grass yelling something at me in Chinese.  I'm distracted because these bears where really fascinating - they could catch these small popcorn sized bits in their mouths pretty often and their eyes, of course, are on the side of their face.  You gotta think their nose would get in the way.  So, I don't want to lose my prime viewing spot (in China, you rarely get a prime viewing spot for anything!)  Anyway, Brea is not to be detered.  She has decided that this grassy area is a perfect spot for doing her own kind of show.  Sure enough by the time I give up and run over to 'help' her Brea has pushed her pants down to her ankles and only needs me to help her squat.  Not one Chinese person batted an eye.  Man, oh man between the constant hawking and spitting that goes on and the children doing it whenever and whereever, it gives new meaning to belief that once anything hits the ground, it's not worth picking up again.  EVER.
Here's a picture of those bears I didn't want to leave....

1 comment:

  1. I've had a great time following your journey! Are you home now? I hope everything is going ok!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete