To Cara and Breanna

We can't wait to meet our new daughters/sisters! Cara, 13.99 yrs old from Xiamen City and Breanna, 3 from Longang! Hope they like us - we already love them!















Monday, November 1, 2010

Zoo

We went to the zoo today.  I was a little nervous about going because I did not want to see caged animals in distress.  But, I'm glad I went.  None of the animals I saw appeared to be in a great deal of stress.  Every enclosure I saw looked similar to those in the States - that's not to say that the animals in them are having a great time, but there was time, energy and effort given to trying to make the area large enough and interesting enough to allow some enjoyment of life by these poor captive animals.  I love animals and I do enjoy seeing exotic animals like lions and tigers and bears (oh my!!)  Sorry, I just had to do it!! Hee, hee, hee!   But I would much prefer to have seen these animals on video in their natural habitat and not in a zoo, ever.  Ok, maybe only if they are sick and need treatment.  You know what I mean - come on - would you want to live in your natural habitat (home to you) or in a hotel room - it's nice, it's made for your comfort in mind.  Sorry, going on close to three weeks in a hotel - and the ones we've been in are NICE!, I'll take home anytime.  I bet the animals would, too.

So, just to continue to promote the Zoo-going tradition, here are some pictures.  The zoo was beautiful.  I wonder if was spiffied up just for the Asian games or not?  Funny, they had some dolphin statues by the entrances all covered in plastic bags to stay clean (I assume).  I was laughing and saying to the other families the statues are for the more important Asian games guests than us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment