To Cara and Breanna

We can't wait to meet our new daughters/sisters! Cara, 13.99 yrs old from Xiamen City and Breanna, 3 from Longang! Hope they like us - we already love them!















Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Breanna!!

Oh. my.gosh!!!!  How many times in one lifetime can you fall in love???  I've got to be one of the luckiest persons in the world!  We met our older daughter just last week and she is awesome - so caring and considerate.  I feel really blessed to be able to have the opportunity to get to know her.  Then we met Breanna today (Ding Xue Min).  She is three. 
When we first met her she was playing with her care-givers and having a great time laughing and winding up and tossing the ball AT them.  Not to them - she was trying to knock them over with a line drive.  It was cracking me up.  When we got into the game she was just a willing to share her play time with us and just as willing to throw that ball as hard as she could AT us.  Playing ball is a contact sport with her.
She is obviously bonded to her care givers but somewhat willingly went with us.  She cried just a little.  Then in the van she was like a deer in the headlights.  It broke my heart.  How can you comfort someone when they don't understand, you don't speak the language?  Cara has been a great help, but this evening every time I try to put Brea to bed she starts to cry.  It's not about not wanting to go to bed.  It's about she wants to go home.  And this in not home to her.  She has been so brave all day.  We found the play park near the hotel and she had a ball. She went out to dinner with us to Lucy's and she ate whatever we put on her plate!  All day she has graciously accepted hanging out with us as her temporary care-givers, but now she's tired and she wants to go home.  So every time I try to put her to sleep, she's wanting nothing to do with it.  Just now we put on some Chinese cartoon that has fascinated her.  I've tucked her in to watch and she is eye-rubbing.  I'm sure hoping the old trick of suggle up to watch TV works and she just falls asleep.  One problem - they told me I have to wake her up twice in the night to let her go potty. Ummm, I don't think they understand the degree of my attachment to sleep.  However, in the interest of having a dry bed, especially since she's sleeping with me, I'll give it a go.

Here are some pictures.  Jenna and Cara took almost all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment