To Cara and Breanna

We can't wait to meet our new daughters/sisters! Cara, 13.99 yrs old from Xiamen City and Breanna, 3 from Longang! Hope they like us - we already love them!















Thursday, October 28, 2010

So much to tell you all about!

Okay - I have many, many things to say and I don't know where to start.  First, Brea and Cara are wild sleepers!  So happy that we can continue to the tradition of every Rupich child being impossible to sleep with!  So, we are in the White Swan - Beautiful hotel - I can't say enough how beautiful it is.  But.  The rooms are small and the King size bed is possibly concrete.  I like a firm mattress, so I never thought I would see the day when the mattress is harder than even I would like, but every dog has his day.  So, benefits to this?  When Cara thrashes throughout the night (and she does!) the whole bed does not rock like typical American beds.  It's just a fight to maintain any of the covers and you wish she would quiet down.  She also talks (Chinese, of course) in her sleep.  Then there is Brea - a typical three year old, she has no preference for head/foot of the bed or even sleeping sideways.  So, Cara and I are clinging to the edges while Queen Brea is spread-eagled sideways in the bed.  Solution?  I'm paying Jenna $1 to switch beds with me - I'll take the lumpy rollaway and the kids can trash it out tonight.  Oh, and Brea only whined once overnight, which I took to mean she had to go potty.  Since I was awake most of the night anyway, it wasn't a hardship.  I think she slept right through pottying on the potty. She went right back to sleep.  Tonight, I'm going to see if she can make it through the night.  After all, I'm on the rollaway - hee,hee.

Okay, then all of us were the walking dead this morning.  We had to do the notary thing this morning and I needed to get more clothes for Brea - but nobody was really into it.  I got one outfit and we left.  Brea and I crashed and the two older girls took a tour of the hotel.  I'm not sure how I'm going to manage the nap situation from this point on because Brea steadfastly refuses to fall asleep unless everyone in the room is sleeping.  That means no TV for the older girls or reading for me.

1 comment: