To Cara and Breanna

We can't wait to meet our new daughters/sisters! Cara, 13.99 yrs old from Xiamen City and Breanna, 3 from Longang! Hope they like us - we already love them!















Saturday, October 30, 2010

day at the doctor

Well, today was medical day for the girls.  What a miserable four hours!  The place was packed with amercian adoptive families and the poor kids were made to suffer waiting for that long and then to add insult they each got at least 4 shots!  Cara was brave - I told her no crying in front of Brea, but I know she would not have anyway.  Brea screamed bloody murder.  I don't blame her, she was tired, hot and then they hurt her besides.  I'd be pissed, too.  I understand from another adoptive parent that the reason our kids have to go through this is the gov't amended some law but forgot to revise it to allow the kids to get their vaccinations in the states where they could be spread out.  Apparently, the ability to get their vaccinations state-side was part of the previous law that they amended and it had unintended consequences.  I try very hard to ignore things that are outside my control - this is one of them.  I had heard about this before we traveled, but didn't listen too much because it's one of those things that I can't control, so why sweat it.  But when you are experiencing the consequences and it's your kid it does get you a little frustrated with the government!

Anyway, can you imagine four hours in any doctors office?  Then add to it that you just met your child and she/he is a little nervous in crowds because after all it was in a crowd they met you!  And you rocked their world.  Now, it's happening all over again - they are a little gun shy.  I was able to explain what was happening to Cara - Brea just wanted no part of it.  She was, um, difficult to control.  You know when I kid just lets their body go limp?  It's like trying to pick up jello.  Thankfully, she only screamed a little while, especially after the shots.  Now she is passed out on our bed.  She's been sleeping for 2 and 1/2 hours.  I'm thinking I need to wake her up, but she had a rough day. I'll give her another 15 mins or so.

Here are some pictures of waiting at the medical center.

No comments:

Post a Comment