To Cara and Breanna

We can't wait to meet our new daughters/sisters! Cara, 13.99 yrs old from Xiamen City and Breanna, 3 from Longang! Hope they like us - we already love them!















Friday, October 15, 2010

count down to blast off!!

Well, we are less than 48 hours away from boarding an airplane to meet our new family members!  Our flight leaves on Sunday October 17th for Beijing, China on American Airlines, we will arrive in Beijing on Monday, October 18th at 11:00pm.  The flight is 13 1/2 hours long.  We have to get all our bags, go through customs and get to the hotel.  We are staying at the Best Western Grandsky in Beijing for two nights.  Our tour guide is supposed to meet us at 8:30am the next morning to pick us up. What are the odds we will actually be on time???  Maybe I'll just take a bunch of sleeping pills on the fight (I never sleep on planes) so I can actually function when we get there.  I'm excited about seeing the Great Wall, the Forbidden Garden and the Summer Palace, but very worried about how to get from the airport to the hotel in late evening/early morning hours after we get to Beijing.  I have called the hotel and they have promised to send a driver to pick us up at the airport, but I'm not confident that will happen.  I have bought some Chinese currency (Yuan) so we can take a cab if needed, but I'm not too confident we will find a taxi that won't take us "through the woods and through the hills to Grandma's house" before we get to the hotel.  Oh well, that's why they call it an adventure - what is travel without one or two good stories??

So, we spend two nights in Beijing and then we fly to Fuzhou on Oct. 20th where we will meet our guide, Isabel, and we will meet Cara on Thursday, Oct. 21st.  I'm thrilled and nervous about meeting her!

On October 27th we go to Guangzhou and then I think the next day we will meet Breanna. Funny, I have a feeling things will go easier/better with Cara then they will with Breanna.  I'm praying nightly that the girls will adjust well, fall in love with us as we have with them, and that they grow to be healthy, happy, well-adjusted adults with the capacity to embrace life.  Just a small request.  Meanwhile, I also pray for me.  My heart is so tied up with my family, but my job is pretty demanding right now.  I do enjoy my job, but there is a trade-off.  Where is that woman of the 80's that can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan and, oh yeah, never, ever let you forget you're a man?????????  HA, HA, HA!!!!  Sorry, I'm laughing so hard I can't see straight......  As Glenn always says, 'one day at a time' and I'm going to hang my hat on, "Where there's a will, there is a way..."    

Less than 48 hours and I haven't packed a thing.  I have a list, though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment