To Cara and Breanna

We can't wait to meet our new daughters/sisters! Cara, 13.99 yrs old from Xiamen City and Breanna, 3 from Longang! Hope they like us - we already love them!















Wednesday, October 20, 2010

We have met Cara!

Cara is sweet and caring - concerned about making a good impression and so nervous that she has an upset stomach.  She held my hand as we crossed the street and melted my heart.  Jenna and Cara are getting along well.  I'm so glad we brought the translator it has really helped.  She and Jenna are using it back and forth all night.

It's been a bit of a challenge to communicate, but we're working through it.

Here are Cara and Jenna in our room at the hotel.

I'm just a little nervous about telling her that we are also adopting a younger sister.  I don't want her to feel that she isn't cherished all by herself.  Ah, just a few hours and I worry about her already!!

 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!
    So wonderful to see this picture of Cara with her sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Thanks for sharing your journey. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to see every thing seems to be working out and falling into place. My new niece seems so sweet. I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! They are adorable in that pic! Sisters:)

    ReplyDelete